Friday, July 20, 2007

Bergamo: Why That Particular Funicular





On the way to Lake Garda this morning we decided to stop in Bergamo. To get to the old part of Bergamo, you have to take something kind of like a train except a lot smaller and that only goes uphill. It’s called a funicular. The old part of Bergamo is at the top of a hill surrounded by wall and it looks like it was 700 years ago.



In Bergamo, we found a candy shop and an ice cream shop that looked very, very nice. We stopped to have an ice cream there. We saw the central fountain. We stopped at a small restaurant to have lunch. We walked around and saw a lot of old houses and very old streets. We also found a little piece of rock that was sticking up that I posed on as a statue. My parents took pictures of me on it.



From the top of the hill, there was a wonderful view of the valley underneath it, from above a very high cliff. On the way back, Lindsay pushed me in the stroller very fast then let me roll down on my own to make me believe I was going to crash. We called it the “stroller party crash.”

No comments: