Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shopping in Barcelona





Welcome to Cameron's guided tour of some of the best places to shop in Barcelona ( in my opinion I should put in, and you're not actually going to go there as I hope you know).

First: El Corte Ingles, description: humongous building with things from the newest cell phones to the highest fashions and from the most delicious foods to the most disgusting personal hygiene products. In other words pretty much everything.

Second: Fnac, description: gigantic building with every electronic I can think of. Even Wiis!

Third: The Bocqueria, description: a market that is completely outdoors except for a big metal roof that's about the size of a soccer field. Has around 100 stands inside that all have different kinds of foods, spices, and drinks. There are also other markets that are almost exactly the same like Sant Antoni or La Concepcio.

Fourth: Carrefour, description: Target (just French, much bigger, with produce and better food).

Fifth: Passeig (pronounced Passeo) De Gracia, description: A beautiful boulevard with all kinds of high end shops and boutiques (make sure you've got lots of cash because it isn't cheap).

Sixth: "Electronic Strip" (or Ronda de Sant Antoni), description: A very large strip where about every other store is an electronic store.

Also I should tell you that my brother got sick last week. Then I got sick and then my dad then Lindsay my babysitter and then my mom. That's why I did last week' s blog so late.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not actually going to go shop in Barcelona? Says you!

There's so much to do in Barcelona! How far are all these places from where you live? And how do you pronounce "Fnac?"

I hope you're all feeling better, Sock Buddy. And don't worry, I'm saving up for air fare as we speak! There's a bag of quarters on my desk with your name on it!

newsharon said...

Hi Cameron, I think I already sent a comment so won't repeat it. In case it didn't go through, this is to say hi and send hugs to you and your family from me, Richard and Leslie.

Cams said...

There definitely is a lot to do in Barcelona!

Most of these places are close to my house. Except Carreffour. That's far away. By the way, Fnac is pronounced exactly as it's spelled.

Thanks for saving up for air fare!

Cams said...

Hi Libby, I don't think that the other comment got through, so thanks for sending this. I love you all.

(P.S. We haven't left our Libby jam. It's getting shipped to Paris as we speak!