Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tarragona and the little engine that couldn't




Yesterday we finally went to somewhere other than Barcelona. But let me start from the beginning. Well in the morning we woke up and left at about ten thirty in the morning. We started terribly. First my mom took us in the complete wrong direction. Then when we were finally on the freeway that led to Tarragona my dad succeeded in getting lost again and took us on not one wrong freeway but two wrong freeways! Oh and I forgot to tell you that the only words I said on the way were "@!#%+~?!". A trip that should have taken one hour took two and a half hours!

Right before arriving in Tarragona, we stopped a place called Pont del Diable, or "the Devil's Bridge" in Catalan, built by the Romans. It used to carry water to Tarragona, but was destroyed probably by the Barbarians. It was really cool: first we had to go through a very small opening in the fence, then we had to walk straight forward through a bunch of trees to another gate, then there were about a million paths going in different directions. Right in front of you you could see a tremendous aquaduct that looks like a bridge.

When we finally got to Tarragona it was lunch time. We were about to eat lunch when my brother saw a train tour. And if my brother sees a train he gives us no choice but to go so we went on it. It was so boring. It was the worst in the world. It was totally uninteresting. The comments were so dumb that my parents were actually laughing at it! It was so bad that I can't even find the words to say it. The only good part is that my mom vowed that she would never take me on one those tours again.

When we finally got out of the @!#! train we ate lunch. The place where we ate was called Pigot. The first platos where really bad but the second platos and the desserts were delicious! Then we went to a museum and after that we walked around for a bit. We saw the Roman governor's palace, the old amphitheater, and the circus, all of which are about two thousand years old! Most of the streets were very small and made of massive stone. After that we had some Italian gelato. And then we left.

No comments: