Thursday, January 3, 2008

And ANOTHER Sweater


We had our breakfast at the hotel, and I took a really good video of my brother dancing. I think he could be a famous dancer and singer some day, because he was really good! I can't show you the video because my dad won't let me post pictures of faces of the family...

Then we walked straight to an area in Jerusalem called the German Colony where there were supposed to be really nice art galleries. We couldn't find it at first but after asking a few people, we found them. We didn't actually find the galleries at first, but still found a really nice area that had houses all around it, called the Artists' Colony. Then, on the other side of the houses we found the art galeries, but most of them were closed so we could only look through the windows.

Then we went into the old town again, inside the walls, and walked to the Kotel, and then to area around the Dome of the Rock, which is a dome covered with gold used by the Moslems as a religious place. When we were leaving, we looked all over for the exit because we could not find it. It took us about twenty minutes just to figure out how to get out.

Then walked for a long time around the Arab Quarter and the Jewish Quarter and I bought a Star of David necklace. We went to a place that we found out had the same sweatshirt as the one I lost at The Frenkels and we bought ANOTHER one there. After that we had the BEST shwarma I've ever tasted at a place in the Arab Quarter.

At about 5pm my uncle/cousin Elie picked us up and drove us over to Tel Aviv to have dinner with the whole family. First we stopped at their apartment just to stay for a few minutes and then we went to another Arab restaurant that was pretty good. But if I was in America, I would basically be having a hamburger and french fries because that is what falafel or shwarma are like in Israel. We then took a taxi back to Jerusalem and we went back to our hotel. I fell asleep on the way and my parents had to wake me up when we arrived.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That video is the most amazing thing I have ever seen ever. If it's possible to e-mail movies could you send it to me? And did you get the picture I send of you and Josh in the tree?

The famous Sweater Saga continues! I hope you're taking good care of it this time!

You know, I think it took us a while to find our way out of the Dome of the Rock, too.

Cams said...

It's really the most amazing thing you've ever seen! I find THAT hard to believe! And yes I did get that picture of Josh and I in the tree. It's a really good picture. Thanks! And I'll send you the video. Don't worry this time I'll take better care of the sweater.