Friday, January 25, 2008

My New Life in Paris




Our apartment is in the center of Paris, about 5 minutes walk from the garden of the Tuileries and from the Louvres. It's on a pretty small street for Paris but big street for California, and right next to our building we have a bakery, and a cafe on the other side. Our building is about 300 years old. It's been remodeled about a million times and it looks really nice.


Our house has a really small entryway, and right next to it there is a door for the kitchen and for a bathroom. Right next to it there is the dining room, which has another door for the kitchen, and also a tiny spiral staircase that leads up to my brother's room and mine. In the middle when you go up the tiny spiral staircase is a tiny bathroom, on the left is my brother' s room, and on the right is my room> The bathroom in the middle is so small that I can barely fit in it: it is all sized for children. Right below my room, at the bottom of the spiral staircase is another bathroom that is kind of big but that only has a shower and two big sinks at kids' height, also for my brother and me. In front of the dining room is the living room, that's pretty big with a fireplace and a really big coach that's awesome because it has wallish-like things on the sides of it. And even in front of the living room there is my babysitter's room, that is very big, and has a luxury bathroom, and it has stairs that lead to the the bed. Also, on the far left of the living room, there is a little hallway with a desk: that's the computer room. And right next to it is my parent's room that I like to call the luxury suite, that has a luxury bathroom, luxury bed, luxury extra space, luxury desk, and even a luxury closet! Everywhere the ceilings and doors are humongous, except our my brother's room and mine and the tiny bathroom. I really, really like our place here, it feels comfortable.


My school is also really great. Because I don't know how to read well in French and to write in French (or more exactly I couldn't because now I can write some things), I am in an adaptation class where the teacher speaks French and all the classes are in French, but it's a bit easier from what the normal 4th grade would be, and if we don't understand things the teacher will repeat it in English. For some classes like history where it's kind of hard they will say almost all of it it English.


Here we have 3 recesses. In the morning, before lunch, we have one that is literally 5 or 10 minutes. Then for lunch we have one that is one and a half hours, including time for lunch, and I eat at the cafeteria. Also, before the last class we have another recess which is 15 to 20 minutes. At recess we usually play soccer, but sometimes we play ball tag, plain tag, and once now we also played football (or American Football). We also sometimes play foot tag, which is where you try to step on other people's feet,and if you step on someone else's foot and you're it then they are it, etc. Also what's great about the school is that if you have a yellow pass which almost everybody does you can leave without a parent at the end of the day. Of course, usually I have parents or babysitters waiting for me, but, the few times that I don't, I can go outside and play while I am waiting.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your apartment sounds really nice! I'm glad that it feels comfortable, and it sounds like it won't be too difficult to adjust to living in a new house.

Is it strange that now everyone speaks French? I know you've spent a lot of time in France and around your family that speaks French, but it seems like it would still be strange to have spoken French your whole life and then to move somewhere where everyone speaks it. I bet now K will start speaking in French in no time!

Cams said...

It is not very difficult to adjust to the new house, because it is just a really homy place.

Also it does not feel strange to be in a place where everybody speaks French because I am in an Adaptation class at school, and everybody there has been in the US at least 1 year and can speak English with an american accent. Actually, most of them ARE from America!
Actually, K is already speaking some French!

PS - I plan to send the video today! Love - Cami

Anonymous said...

that sounds really cool your very lucky to do that


Thanks
Adam
(BPC 2nd grade)