Friday, January 4, 2008

Don't Worry, it's not his Favorite Finger!


When we woke up we packed for departure, then we went straight to the Mea Shearim district. Everybody there is really, really religious and since they believe that every one should cover their head with something and that all women should wear skirts. Because some of us had forgotten to bring kippas and we weren't incredibly religious and the girls weren't wearing skirts, when we walked by a school the kids were yelling names at us...at least I THINK they were yelling names at us but I couldn't be sure because it was all in Hebrew. Then we went back to the hotel, said our goodbyes and left. I thought that Israel was really good, and I want to go back.

We took a cab to the airport. We flew to Zurich and switched planes and went to Paris. In the terminal when my dad was opening the stroller, my brother left his pointer finger there and when my dad opened the stroller, my brother's finger got squashed between something that barely has enough room to fit a fingernail in it, not to mention a whole finger. It was bleeding and we had to take care of it right away.

My aunt Babette and my cousins Ariel and Morane picked us up to bring us to our new apartment in Paris. Our apartment is really nice and already I can't imagine leaving it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I thought Mea Sherim was interesting, but I felt really uncomfortable there. Did you see the big sign at the entrance that said the people that live there don't like outsiders coming in? It's so strange that even though we're all Jewish they still treat us like that.

It's been a lot of fun reading your thoughts on Israel, but now I'm excited to be hearing about what's going on in Paris! I'm glad you like your apartment, and I hope everything's going well!

Unknown said...

Cams~

Even though I didn't get to go with you guys to Israel because I was spending some time in Barcelona/Paris...reading all of your blogs and seeing your pictures makes me feel like I was there.

You're funnier than you know and now I am excited to read about what you think of Paris! Maybe your next Paris blog should be about EuroDisney (hint hint hint )...

Well done Cams! I'm so proud of you and all of your blogs! At least I can keep reading these to know what you are up to!

Cams said...

Me too, I thought it was interesting, but I also felt uncomfortable there. And yeah I did see the sign. Anyways I hope you're having a good time.

From,
Cami