Sunday, March 9, 2008

Away for a week


This whole week I went to a ski camp in the French Alps. Everything was really good about it except that on Tuesday I felt sick and had to stay in bed the whole day. The other days were pretty good, except for something. I was in the highest level group and the director was the one skiing the us, and it's really weird because if you did just one thing wrong he would start screaming his head off at you. He screamed a lot at me because I had never skied in the French style before. But here is the weird thing: everywhere else he was very nice and making jokes and things like that.

A good thing was that the food was really, really good. We must have had the best cooks in France there! But since it was all French dishes, I can't really tell you what they were... After skiing we had gouter, which is a little snack you have between lunch and dinner in France. Then we went straight to our rooms to take showers and then got in our PJs, and did things in our room.

I was in a room with three other people. One of them was the director's son! He was my best friend there. We weren't really old enough to go the the big kids' floor, but we were older than the little kids' floor. There were two rooms that we might get when we arrived, one of which was in the big kids floor and had the only PSP in the whole building! Unfortunately we got the one on the little kids' floor! I can't believe I was so close to having a PSP at my disposal for a whole week! Also, since we were more often with the big kids, we went to the activities room on their floor to do things there, so we stayed there until 9:20pm.

The train ride to the camp is about 5 hours, then there is a bus for about 45 minutes. My parents dropped me off at the platform around noon, and we got to the lodge right before they started dinner. We just had time to put our snowboots downstairs before we went straight for dinner. On the way back, since there were three of us who were really good friends, we squished ourselves into seats for two people since we all wanted to be together on the train back.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, your ski trip sounds like so much fun! What's the difference between the American and French style of skiing? My dad was talking about taking me and Aaron skiing over my spring break, but it's not at the same time as Aaron's break so we're not going to be able to go.