Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Week End


On Saturday we went to see l'Arc de Triomphe to take a picture of me next to it for schol. Then we picked up my brother at the train station and left to see a bunch of our friends who were in Normandy in a village next to the ocean. It took two and a half hours to get there. The village is called Villers sur Mer.

When we got there we looked around at what the place looked like, then we played a bunch of ping pong. Then we went out to dinner and got some pizza at a restaurant. When we came back, there wasn't enough room for all as we were at least 16 people. So I slept in a couch downstairs that could fold out into a bed with another boy named Arthur.

In the morning we had a big breakfast and I played on a mini-PSP that Arthur had where we played Grand Theft Auto. Then we went to the beach to do a treasure hunt in two teams. I found the first two clues, and then I was the first person to get to the next clue but somebody else found it. Someone in my team found the last clue. The winning team got to order lunch and icecream first. And, where we were, that was really a privilege, because, at the restaurant we went to, it took a long time to get our food!

Then we drove to a place called Deauville where it took forever to park, then once we finally did, it took us forever to find the restaurant. To top it all off, it was pouring rain. When we finally got there, it took them forever to find a big table for 16, then, once we ordered, it took them at least a half an hour to actually get our food... But then it got better because all the food was supergood. I got a really good fish with pesto and some French fries with ketchup. After that we went out to get ice cream, or crepes. There were also gauffres but I don't know what that is in English, but it looked like some kind of waffle with stuff on the top. I got some really, really good banana ice cream. I was going to get crepes, but in Paris we can't find good ice cream easily, and you can get crepes all the time, so I decided I would get ice cream for once...

Then, once we had gone back to the house, another family arrived with a really nice guy named James, and we played Monopoly while watching the movie "The Party". In the end, I got kind of tired of playing, and I landed on one of his places and I had to pay all of my money and mortgage all the places I owned, so I gave up and said he won, although I could have kept on going if I had been really determined. The kids had some really cheesy pasta for dinner while most of the parents went out for dinner. There were 13 of us kids!

In the morning, after another big breakfast, I played Monopoly with my Mom, then we had an Easter egg hunt and I found 7 eggs. We kept on playing but then we had to pack and get ready to go. It took us another two and a half hours to get back to Paris.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, next time you're here, we have to have a treasure hunt. You and Josh vs. me and Aaron, and Kaelan can be cheerleader for both sides. It's on!!!

And you know what I like about you, Cami (among other things)? You like fish. A lot of kids, and even a lot of adults, won't eat seafood, but you and I both know how wonderful it is. We could be sock buddies AND seafood buddies.

Unknown said...

any new fun stories to share? any new accents you've picked up? did you read any more books? did anna and aaron end up coming to visit? what else have you been up to? thanks for keeping me updated through your blogs. tony and i decided we're probably NOT going to get married...APRIL FOOLS...(i know it's late, but better late than never)

no, actually we decided we're probably NOT gonna get married next february, but instead we'll get married NEXT thanksgiving (2009)...so hopefully you guys will be able to come down to the caribbean then! i'll let you know when i have more details!

miss you so incredibly much!!!

Cams said...

Hi Amy! Sorry about answering so late... It would be totally fun to have that treasure hunt together!! Sure - I'll be sockbuddies AND seafood buddies! I just went to Italy for a week and I have to tell you it was really fun. I thought about be, and we had the best gelato ever ever ever!!! Love, Cami

Cams said...

Hi Lindsay! You have so much stuff in your comment! Now I owe you a really very, very long e-mail... Sorry for not answering for so long - I had all these tests at school, then I was on vacation for two weeks, when Adin was here and when I went to Italy: so I had absolutely no time. Now I am catching up... Love, Cameron - I mean BOBBY. My name is Bobby.