Saturday, March 1, 2008

Eurodisney


Last Wednesday we went to Eurodisney, which is Disneyland, just in France, so they call it Eurodisney. For breakfast I made pancakes for the family. But, since this took a while to make for the whole family and since we had woken up late (and it took a long time to eat) we left for Eurodisney around noon.

When we got there, it took a while to get in, and my brother and I jumped around a lot. Then right when we got past the entrance I realized that I had lost the necklace I was wearing, and we went back to look for it. I never thought we would actually find it. We miraculously did find it right next to a pole that I had tried to climb and fallen off of. I think the necklace must have fallen when I fell. The chain was broken but I least it was still there. And, you know, you can get a cheap chain like that pretty much anywhere. Then in Eurodisney we got annual passes so that we can go almost every day of the year, although there are a few days when we can't go.

The first thing we did was go to the Buzz Lightyear ride. But the line was so long that we got a fast pass for 4:00pm. Then we had a hot dog and chips for lunch, then we split up. My mom went with me, and, after a lot of crying, my brother went with my dad. First my mom and I went to Frontierland, where we looked around but could not see anything interesting. That took a while.

Then we went to Adventure Isle, which is not a ride, but has two sides, on one of which there is a really big tree and a bunch of little passages that go under the roots of the tree. Then on the other side is what appears to be a humongous rock with a bunch of caves that lead to a bunch of places. There are two bridges to get from one side to the other. One of them goes from the top of the tree to the top of the rock. The other one goes right over the water, there is not even a foot over the water.

Then we also looked at the Indiana Jones ride, but I was too small to go, and we also went to Space Mountain where I was only one inch too short to go. I think it's pretty unfair, because in America I can do Space Mountain, but not here. Then we just walked around, because we did not have time to do any more rides before 4:00pm. But my brother and my dad were a bit late so we waited a while for them.

Then we switched off. My brother went with my Mom and I went with my dad. My dad and I went to the Buzz Lightyear ride. After that we went straight to the Pirates of the Carribbean ride. The line was pretty short but it was still about 15 or 20 minutes. But that's not long considering this is Disneyland we are talking about here!

Then my dad and I went back to Adventure Isle to play hide and seek. The first time he found me in five minutes. The second time I found him in two minutes. The third time he did not find me at all, and he went back to our agreed meeting point if we got lost. Then we just walked back to meet my Mom at Main Street. There we went in a store where my brother and I got huge lollipops. Right at 7pm when the park closes they light up the big Disney castle and we watched that before leaving for good.

On the way out we saw a movie theater that looked like it might have some good movies. It did not really have anything, but my brother smashed my lollipop so I got some strawberry cheesecake icecream, although my dad disagreed but I still was able to get it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

When I went to Europe for the first time maybe five years ago we went to Eurodisney. It sounds like you had a good time there, even though it is pretty strange that there are rides you could go on in America that you couldn't go on there. And it's amazing that you found that necklace! (Maybe it's to make up for the sweater?)