Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Adin is Coming! The Adin is Coming!


My friend arrived a couple of days ago from California! He arrived Thursday, and I actually was surprised to see him because I thought he was supposed to arrive really late in the day. I was super happy to see him! While I was at school, he seemed to have fallen in love with my dart guns. So we ended up having a lot of dart battles.

Yesterday we went to the Jardin des Tuileries, where we played on the trampoline a lot, and I finally mastered doing back flips on it. Then we also played a lot of soccer (football if you are British) with my Dad. After that, my brother decided to go to the merry go round, and we are not going to. Then we saw there was a cup that turned when the merry go round went around, but yhou could also turn it very fast with a wheel that was in the center of it, so we decided to go and make ourselves dizzy. Then I made myself a little bit too dizzy and nearly threw up on it. Right before we left we saw a little ice cream stand so we got some ice cream. In the picture above you can see me do an unsuccessful backflip.

Today, we went to the Eiffel Tower. Bu the lines were so long to get there we did not go up at all and just looked at it from close by. We'll have to go there another time. Then we had lunch at a Romanian restaurant, but instead of getting some Romanian dishes we just got roast chicken:-). This being because there were no Romanian dishes on the menu - but, still, even if there had, I think I would still have gotten roast chicken...

After lunch my Mom took my little brother home, and we (Adin, my Dad, Jennifer who is Adin's Mom and I) walked to the Invalides. It was really nice. We looked at a bunch of cannons first. Then we went to see the tomb of Napoleon. Then we saw a huge museum there on World War I and World War II. All in all I thought it was a really good visit.

Then we had to walk back really quickly to meet my Mom because we were going to the Passover Seder at my Grandma's house.

No comments: