Sunday, April 27, 2008

South by South East


Friday night we drove to the airport in Beauvais and left for Italy. We landed in Rome. When we got there it was very late and we took a shuttle to our hotel which was pretty nice. The next morning, my Mom and Dad went to rent a car with my brother while Linda (my new baby sitter) and I stayed and ate breakfast at the hotel. Then we drove to Nerano, which is a small village further than Sorrento, which is further than Pompei, which is further than Naples.

On the way there we only stopped twice: the first time to go to the bathroom, and the second time to get some money from the bank and buy some food and sandwhiches.

The place where we stayed at was called Olga's Residence, a very nice house which is probably the only modern place in the village. It had a really nice swimming pool (though the temperature was probably below zero...). Our place had two stories, and a tiny narrow staircase up to the roof which was a perfect place to sunbathe.

Right after we arrived we left again to get my brother some medicine we had forgotten at our apartment in Paris. First we went to a village called Termini to find a pharmacy, but apparently it was closed although we waited almost an hour because it was supposed to be open. Then we went to Sant'Agata and there the pharmacy was open.

For dinner we walked to the beach, at a place called Marina del Cantone, where we had some pretty good food.

Today my Dad and I went swimming in the pool. Well, I did not really go swimming: I just jumped in and jumped right out. But then I jumped in again, because my Mom and my brother wanted to see me jump in. The my brother took a nap, and my Dad stayed with him while Linda, my Mom and I went to a private beach that was reserved only for us. Then my Mom made pasta for dinner.

No comments: