Monday, April 28, 2008

Hot Spot




Monday we went to Pompei, which I thought was really really cool. On the houses for which they knew who had lived there they wrote the names of the people. First we just looked around at a lot of houses in various streets, and then my Dad told us about what certain places were, and we even saw a few "fast food" places from 2,000 years ago. We saw wine tasting places and restaurants and bars from the Roman times.

I liked the big houses best, because many times there were a bunch of walls and passage ways and, as I have said before, I love mazes:-) We also saw old graffiti from the Roman times, which is basically carving pictures and words into the rock. Another thing we say was that, on each street, on the ground, were smooth little grooves that chariots had been going over for hundreds of years and made. We also saw some really nice paintings of mostly birds and animals on the walls of many houses.

Then we left and had lunch at a restaurant near by. Then we went back home, but we stopped in Sorrento to get some gelato and look at the view. The view was really nice and it showed the whole bay of Naples, and there were cruise ships and barges. You could also see Mount Vesuvius, which is the volcano that destroyed Pompei.

Not to mention that this was probably the hottest I ever got in my entire life...

No comments: