Friday, November 2, 2007

The Shortest Blog That I've Written (Isn't Exactly Short)


Today we went on a walk around our neighborhood which is called the Eixample- (pronounced ashomplay)-with my aunt and two of my cousins. We were going on the walk to see the kind of buildings that Antonio Gaudi made which are called Art Nouveau (Modernista in Spanish) which are really popular in Barcelona.


We went inside one of the two Gaudi houses around our apartment, called the Padrera. The walls on the outside are curved and the balconies were made of metal that was in the shape of horses pulling a chariot. The door looked like a spider web and when you walk in right in front of you is a really big spiral staircase that led to the top. Also right up the middle there was a big hole that went up to the top. The only thing that was in the top part that we saw were paintings. Lots, lots of paintings. On the top of the building there were chimneys that looked like things that I don't know about.


After the Gaudi house we walked around for about an hour. I don't know where we exactly went because I wasn't paying much attention. One thing that I do know is that we saw a house that looked really weird and went in it. The inside was really cool! There were some awesome stained-glass windows! After that we went home.


I am going to be gone for two weeks so I won't post then. When I come back I will write a lot about Andalucia which is where I am going.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like how you described the chimneys: "chimneys that looked like things that I don't know about." I saw a picture of something yesterday, and let me tell you, it looked EXACTLY like things I don't know about. Turns out it was a lemon juicer. But I tell you, I had no idea.

The weird house with the stained glass sounds neat. Was it just a regular house, or was it for some special purpose?

Wait, you're going away for two weeks? Did I give you permission to go away? DID I?! I didn't THINK so. What am I going to do without hearing from you for two whole weeks? I'll have to do other stuff... like organizing my collection of spare change. Yay.

Have fun wherever you're going! Oh wait... I just saw it says you're going to Andalucia. Okay, have fun in Andalucia!

Cams said...

I'm really sorry i answred you so late. It's just that i've been really busy catching up on my blog and about a million other things like homework. And the weird house with the stained glass windows wasn't a normal house but i'm still no sure what it is. Again i'm sorry I answred so late.