Saturday, February 2, 2008

Jardin des Tuileries


Guess what? Yesterday we found out that, during the night, the whole building night next to us caught fire and burned to smithereens, and the outside is still there, but if you look inside the windows, all it is is coal and you can't even see anything that was in there. It is all pitch black. What is even more amazing is that we did not hear any of it. Come to think of it, I did wake up and heard some weird noises but I thought I was imagining it and I went back to sleep - that could have been it.

Also, the other big news is that my babysitter who has been with us for more than two years, Lindsay, is leaving: she is going back to the US in a month. She is going to live with her boyfriend. I think she is going to get married (to him), but she does not like me saying that... We are all really going to miss her!

Today we went to the jardin des Tuileries, which is what I wrote was 5 minutes walk from home. Right when we got there, we went to play hide and seek in a bunch of hedges that we saw that weren't supposed to be a maze but that were kind of like one. Then we walked around and my brother went on a pony ride. While he was doing that, my dad was timing me climbing up a lamp post, and I think my record was 6 seconds. Then I went on trampolines practising flips. Then we went to a really big Ferris wheel to see what the whole garden looks like from above.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's so strange about the fire! About five years ago a car exploded in front of our house, and I wasn't there, but my mom said they thought at first that it was a bookshelf falling down or something. Weird stuff!

That's too bad that Lindsay's going to be leaving. It's good that you have this blog so you can stay in touch!

The Jardin des Tuileries sounds like a lot of fun. I want to jump on a trampoline!

Cams said...

A car exploding in front of your house! This must BE freaky! I can see "exactly" how that sounds like a bookshelf coming down.

To tel you the truth, I would really like to be on a trampoline right now... It's really convenient to be able to walk to the Tuileries since they are only 5 minutes away and go play on the trampoline whenever I have free time.

As for Lindsay - I think I am really really going to miss her when she is gone.

Love - Cami