Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Longest Line Ever


Yesterday, my grandma and her friend were there for the whole morning because they had slept over. We had breakfast with them, then the rest of the time we were in the house I played legos, that I had just received from California with all our things from there. My mom went for a haircut while I was playing. Then we went to the Jardin des Plantes, where we met my mom, my aunt, my grandma, her friend, and my aunt's friend. The Jardin des Plantes is a really big garden, and it has two museums.

We went to one of them called La Grande Gallerie de l'Evolution, which means the Great Gallery of Evolution. One of the really cool things that we saw was three different kinds of whole whale skeletons. They also showed a lot of animals that had been killed and stuffed, so you could see them as if they were real. And they had small videos about some of the animals that were there and some that weren't there.

After the museum we had crepes, then we went on to a cafe to get some drinks, then on the way back my dad went to a Chinese restaurant to get some Chinese food to eat at the house, which was really far away from the restaurant. That's when we noticed my brother's sippy cup was missing, so I had to run all the way back to the cafe to get it then run all the way back. We had not had Chinese food since being in California, except once in Barcelona.

Today we met a babysitter that might take care of me after Lindsay goes back. Then around noon we went straight to an amusement park called Jardin d'Acclimatation that my other aunt had invited us to, where we met her, her husband, my grandma, her friends, and two of my cousins that are way younger than me.

When we arrived we were really hungry as we had not had lunch, so we went to the restaurant to eat, and it took 1/2 hour just to get our food because the line was so long, Then we all went in separate directions to go to different places. My dad and I went in one direction together.

First we went to a climbing strucutre that was made entirely of ropes except for a central pole that was about 30 feet tall, with ropes all aorund it like a spiderweb going all the way up to the top of the pole. I climbed it once, then I had my dad time me twice going up it.

After that we went to a ride where there is either one chair or two chairs connected to each other that have chains on them attached to something else really high up, then, when you are in the chair, the whole thing turns and you fly really high and fast. I got a headache in it, so I did not want to go in any ride that moved fast. So we went to a place where you could remote control boats on the water, and my dad and I tried to crash each other. It was really fun!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I got super excited for you when I read that you got Chinese food for the first time since leaving Calfornia. Can you get all different kinds of food in France, or is it more like Italy where most of the food is the same?

The rope structure and boats sound like a lot of fun. There seem to be a ton of fun things to do in Paris! I don't think I would have tried the spinny thing, but it's cool that you did (even though it gave you a headache!).

Cams said...

The Chinese food was awesome (meaning really good)!!! And since we got so much it served for many other meals.... Are you kidding me!!! In France you can get LOTS of different foods. Also the rope structure and boats were REALLY fun!!!And you're right,there are a lot of fun things to do in Paris!

Anonymous said...

Sounds horrible did it take you a 1/2 hour to get your food because of people that would not leave or the line was long for the desk to order? and where is the amusement park located