Friday, May 30, 2008

My cousins from America!


Last Sunday we had a really really big brunch: my Dad invited all of his friends over and all of my cousins and uncles and aunts on my Dad's side. Then, right before the last people had left, my cousins from America John and Kristin arrived and came to stay for a few days.

We went with them to the Jardin des Tuileries. We played some soccer. My brother and I went to play on the trampoline. Then John and Kristin went for a walk to the Arc de Triomphe. My Dad cooked some French food for all of us for dinner. The next day I had to go to school, but, when I came back, we went out to dinner with them to a fondue place where we had some really good food. I got a goat cheese fondue. My brother got a plain cheese fondue., John and Kristin shared a beer and cheese fondue. My parents had a meat fondue, which is where they give you a bunch of raw meat, and the pot is boiling hot with oil where you cook the meat and it takes about 30 seconds to cook it.

Next day I also had school but when I got back I met with John and Kristin at the Luxembourg Gardens. We played some ping pong. Then, on the way back, we stopped at a restaurant and I ate dinner with my cousins. The next day unfortunately they had to leave. I saw them in the morning but when I got back from school they were gone:(

That week was the week of our final tests for the year, and, actually, I did pretty well. I was first in the class in math, and I was close to the top in French. In English I was also close to the top. In history I think I was first.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know if I've ever had fondue before. If I ever make it out to France to visit you guys I'll have to try it.

Good job on your final tests! Yesterday was my last day of classes, but I've got a psychology final on Monday and a creative writing portfolio due the same day. Then I get to go home- I'm very excited! And I'm looking forward to seeing you over the summer!

Cams said...

Awe, you're lucky. My classes don't end until the 4th of July. But I'm still really looking forward to coming back over the summer. Miss you. Bye.