Friday, May 2, 2008

The Perfect Day


Today we went to an island called Capri. We rent a small motor boat for the whole day. First we drove the boat to Capri and got off at a small harbor called Marina Piccola, which means, you guessed it, "the small harbor". Then we walked around and took a taxi convertible up the hill. Then we walked some more, Then we went to a restaurant and had an excellent lunch where I had the best pizza that I ever had in Italy.

After lunch, we walked back to the boat, then boated all around Capri. In the end, when we were waiting for some friends to come back, my Dad and I went swimming into the water next to our boat. It took me a whole 10 minutes to decide to go in since the water was freezing cold, but eventually I did. Then we sailed back to Nerano.

In the evening we had another wonderful dinner at Charlot the restaurant. They cooked us a special dinner that was not on the menu just for us, that was made of typical dishes from the region.

No comments: