Thursday, May 1, 2008

Swimming Like a Queen


Today my Dad went to Naples and Herculanum, and the rest of us went to a place called the Queen's Bath. It's called the Queen's Bath because that is where a queen used to bathe. It's really a little tiny salt water lagoon, but it's super small and there is a natural arch that leads to the ocean next to it, and there are old Roman ruins around it.

There we had some home made sandwiches. Nobody wanted to go in except for me. Since I had forgotten to bring my bathing suit, I went in my boxers. It took a while for me to get in, and when I did, I cheered Linda on until she went in too, but my Mom and my brother did not go at all.

Then we went home. When we got back my Dad came back a few minutes after us and we found that every place he had got to was closed so he was not able to visit anything. Then we had a big birthday party for my Dad. We grilled all the meat that we had gotten, and took out the birthday cake that we had bought. The only problem that we had was that we forgot to get him any presents...

No comments: