Friday, September 7, 2007

Barcelona: Goodbye Summer



We have been here since Saturday. In Barcelona we have an apartment with 2 floors and that’s really nice on one of the most famous streets, Paseo de Gracia. There is a picture of our building above. So far we haven’t done much. I have mostly been learning Spanish, preparing for the school year and updating my blog. My school is called St Peter’s (but it's not religious) and it has uniforms. The uniform is OK but it has shoes and socks that look very bad. The good thing for me is that the school is mostly in English (and some in Spanish). But all the students are Spanish.


I have also had some ice cream here, which is not nearly as good as in Italy but still good. We have also had some good Spanish food, but usually we eat dinner at home. Here they have 4 meals a day, and they are later than we do. Breakfast is at the same time as home, and lunch is at 2:00pm. Between lunch and dinner they have a little snackish meal called merienda, then dinner is at 10pm or 11pm, but we eat a little earlier than that.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Cami! Barcelona sounds like a very cool city- I can't wait to visit you there in December! Remember, you promised to teach me Spanish, and I promise to send you some cookies (not nuts, right?). Your dad told me your uniform has red socks and that you weren't so happy with that, but lest you think red socks are fashionably unacceptable, let it be know that I never wear plain white socks. Ever. (We could be sock buddies!) I hope school goes well, and good luck finding some really good ice cream. I MISS YOU!!!

Cams said...

Hi Amy, I got your comment. Also I agree to be sock buddies:-) Do you also get to wear big black leather shoes that give you blisters and make you sweat till your feet get pruned? If you do I'll agree to be sock and shoe buddies! Anyway good luck with college and thanks for saying you'll give me cookies and I miss you too and bye, see you in December.