Saturday, September 15, 2007

Red Socks



Unfortunately my new school in Spain has uniforms. The uniforms consist of: black shorts, black pants, a red polo shirt, a white turtleneck shirt, a red sweater, big black leather shoes that give you blisters and make you sweat till your feet prune, and accursed red socks that make me look nerdy and look nerdy themselves! The socks are also very tight and stick to my feet... The school decides which combinations we wear, the summer one (red polo, black shorts) or the winter one (white turtleneck, black pants).



Anyway enough about the uniforms. On my street a school bus comes at 7:43 to pick me up. It is an hour ride to school. When I get there I go almost straight to class. At school most of the classes are in English but four of them are in Spanish. The day before school I felt really freaked out and now I still am a bit but I'm getting a bit better. One thing I don't really like very much about school is that all the other kids always speak in Spanish together and I don't understand much of what they say. Some good news is that our only homework is some things we don't finish during the day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hello, Sock Buddy!

That's quite the uniform. Which uniform are you wearing now, the summer or winter one? And what's the weather like in Barcelona these days?

Your bus comes at 7:43? Wow! Aaron's bus comes at 6:55 this year, I think. I lucked out and most of my classes don't start until 12:30 this quarter, but on Thursdays I start at 8:00. An hour bus ride is long! Do the other kids speak English, too, or just Spanish? Also, that's awesome that your homework is just leftovers from the day. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Oh, and I got your e-mail address, so expect an e-mail from me soon. Expect it or else!!

Cams said...

Dear Sock Buddy,

In Barcelona we have been having quite hot weather lately. There have only been two days so far that have been cloudy. I am still wearing my summer uniform right now, which is the good news, so I am not burning hot in those long shirts and pants. The other students speak English, by the way. They have to speak English (some) or they can't go to the school. But none of them are from America, at least not in my class.

Here are some bad news: I now have to take Catalan and German. But on the other hand, I got a Wii, which makes up a tiny bit of it.

I miss you all very much - say hi to the rest of the family for me. Bye, sock Buddy!