Sunday, November 4, 2007

Can we say "Terrorist"?


Today we are going to Andalucia. We woke up really early to leave for the airport. At the airport gate, while we were waiting for the plane to come, there were two people playing flamenco music with their guitars and singing. They were really good. On the plane, we were reading magazines, we read a section on what to do in an airplane, and one of the things was: press the button on your seat and pretend it's dropping a bomb on the people below, and then look down out the window and apologize to them. After that we also came up with a game that we called "what NOT to do on an airplane". On one of the magazines, I saw a picture of a nice slingshot that I thought was really cool. Then Lindsay said that I was crazy if I thought I could bring it back in the plane. Can we say "terrorist"? I just thought you should know that.


When we got to Sevilla, we got a rented car and stopped to buy a map of Andalucia. We were going to go in the direction of Cordoba but the gas station attendant asked my dad if we like good food. My dad said yes. Then he asked if we are prepared to drive for good food. Then again my dad said yes. Then the man told us to go to a specific restaurant in Sanlucar de Barrameda that he said had the best tapas in the world. Then we changed our plans and drove back in the other direction to Sanlucar. When we got there it was almost exactly lunch time (here lunch time is 1 or 2pm). We found the place. And that was the best tapas we have ever had: it was delicious (and cheap)!!! The best of all the tapas, I think, was kind of a shrimp casserole, just hard and crusty and it was so good we had four portions of it!


Sanlucar is also the place where a big river, called the Guadalquivir, meets with the sea. I think that if the rest of our trip is going to be as good as this, it's going to be a really good trip!

No comments: