Monday, November 5, 2007

Let's go to Africa... Pleeease!


From Cadix we were heading for Tarifa. After a while we decided to stop at a beach for a bit of fresh air. Then we kept on driving. We we finally got to Tarifa, we went to the southermost point. From there we could see Africa! Morocco, to be exact. You can barely see it, but in the background of the picture above here, you can see Africa!!!

Tarifa is the southernmost point of Spain. It's very small but it has several castles and some very very big walls. Both the castles and the walls are about a thousand years old. It's the closest point in Europe to Africa. It was so windy there that we could see at least two dozen windsurfers out. At Tarifa, we stopped at a beach, and I played around some. As I said, it was very windy, so, when I went to hide behind some rocks that would block me from the wind, I fell over and got some nasty cuts on my chest and my knee.

After that we went back into the direction of Arcos de la Frontera, and we stopped at a lot of beaches to check them out and take pictures. I fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up everybody had sandwiches that they were eating for lunch. For us lunch was at five o'clock that day...

On the way to Arcos, we stopped at a really nice town Vejer de la Frontera. When we got to Arcos de la Frontera, it was almost eight o'clock. The hotel had an actually gigantic swimming pool, and the most comfy beds that I have ever slept in in my entire life. We left our bags at the hotel and went at a restaurant for dinner. The restaurant had tapas, bocadillos which are like montaditos but still a bit different, a bar, full meals and desserts. It was super good. Then we went back to the hotel and went to sleep.

No comments: