Friday, November 9, 2007

Nose Spray


We left Granada right after lunch on our way to Cordoba. First we stopped at Alcala la Reale, which has a nice castle, but the castle was closed. Then we went to Almedinilla to visit a Roman villa which was also closed. Then we went to Priego de Cordoba just to look at the nice Renaissance buildings but everything there was also closed at the time when we were there, and we could not wait long enough. Finally, when we got to Cordoba, we just had a nice dinner at a restaurant and went to sleep.

In the morning the first thing we did was go to the Mezquita, which is an old Moorish mosque that is really pretty. It has at least one hundred arches on the inside. The Mezquita has a very very large patio with trees, and also a lot of pigeons. My brother and I started to throw bread for them, then we started throwing bread at them, then I unleashed the beast (that's my brother) to chase them away. As you can see from the picture, he can even hunt them with his eyes closed...

We walked around the Juderia, which is the old district around the Mezquita. We went to an old Jewish synagogue that was very small. We went to a very old Jewish house that had been turned into a museum, and I almost fell into the well, because I thought it was only a pot and I bent into it all the way until I discovered it was a very deep well. I was so surprised I almost fell into it. Then we went into another old Jewish mansion with two wells and an old passage around the back with a pretty fountain. It also had paintings of people who had lived in the Juderia long ago.

Then we rented a horse and carriage and drove around in it. My ear was still hurting a lot and had not gotten better, so we went to the hospital to see what was wrong with it. We found out that I had an ear infection, and I had to take a bunch of medication every day for over a week. But the worst of it was a kind of watery spray I had to put up my nose five times a day for a week. And because I loved it in Andalucia another bad thing was that I was still probably good enough to take the plane back and go to school the following Tuesday.

We went to lunch in a really good tapas bar. Then we got our bags from the hotel and left because we couldn't find a room for another night in Cordoba.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah kaelan's a beast a real cute beast. The next time i see him i dont think he'll look the same