Friday, December 28, 2007

Buy Sweater, Lose Sweater


We had good waffles at the Frankels, then we went to a town called Tsfat, that is completely built out of little hills. The upper town is a few centuries old, and it is inhabited by people. At Tsfat we walked around, and Josh and I both got sweaters saying "Israeli Defense Forces", in green for Josh and black for me. During lunch, my little brother was playing with a dog that he saw for the whole meal. After lunch we went back to the Frenkels, and Josh and I played in the rocks until our last moment there, since we were leaving soon. Then I put my sweatshirt down the rocks, and then got a cut on my foot which took my mind off my sweater.

We left The Frenkels, and started driving south towards kibbutz Bet Alfa, where we were going to stay for the night. We drove by the Golan hills, and to the Jordan river. When we arrived in Bet Alfa, it was night. I noticed I was missing my sweater. We looked everywhere, then I remembered: I had left it at The Frenkels. We could not go back and get it, so we just had to accept the fact that it was lost. We had a pretty good dinner at the kibbutz for Shabbat that evening.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I thought Tsfat was a very neat town. It was so different than anything you'd find at home. I like how you described the upper town as "inhabited by people." That it was, my friend, it most certainly was.

Ooh, the sweater saga! Isn't there another chapter of the sweater saga that takes place in Jerusalem? Or maybe Aaron was just talking about something like that. I'll have to wait and see!

Anonymous said...

too bad about the sweater. I would have liked one. Maybe if you go back to Israel you can get another one.

Cams said...

Hi Amy! You are right, Tsfat was quite different. And it WAS inhabited by people! it could have been inhabited by rats, by mice, or by any of the millions of races that exist! But NO: it was inhabited by PEOPLE!

AS for the sweater saga, it went on for a LONG time - but you will have to read the rest of my blog to know the end... Or maybe you will just remember! Love, Cami

Cams said...

Hi Leo! The other one, would that be for you, or for me? You do not know it yet, but something will happen in Jerusalem! Something amazing! Something wonderful! But I can't tell you what yet... I miss you, Cameron