Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Night we (Almost) Lost my Brother


We had a really good breakfast at the hotel, then we went to the University of Tel Aviv to meet all of my friend Josh's family. We were late because we got lost a million times trying to find it. When we got there we met Josh's father John at the entrance, and he took us to to where the others where. The others are Josh's Mom Susan, his 15 year old brother Aaron (...ooops... I mean 16, sorry Aaron!), and his 18 year old sister Amy. Amy and Aaron, if you are reading this, I'll have you know that I am only putting down your ages so that people will know you are not just one or two years older than Josh!First we saw films of how people used to live back then. Then we saw models of probably 60 different synagogues around the world, some of which we had already seen for real. Then we saw archaeological remnants of old things from the time.

Then we went to the Museum of the Palmach, which is a very good unit of the early Israeli army. In the museum, it showed their life and what was going on during the whole war of Independence. In the war, not many of them lived through. Mind you, this isn't the American war of Independence, it's the Israeli war of Independence. I really liked it because they actually had things moving and the backgrounds of the places where they were, and in one place they even had the area where we were turn into two sections. I think it was a pretty good setup.

Then our family went to see some business colleagues of my Mom's. They were really nice, and my brother danced with the woman whose name was Myriam. My brother actually wanted to stay and live with her. They gave us lots of candy and presents. My brother received a stuffed animal and some fish that grow when you put them in water, and I got a really cool game. At the restaurant, I felt a bit sick, and fell asleep in the car ride back home.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I really liked the Palmach museum, too. It was so cool the way it was set up, how it was so interactive. But I had to leave before the last room, and I was pretty dissapointed about that.

Kaelan's so going to be some huge dancing star someday. That video you showed me of him dancing is amazing.

(And it looks like SOMEONE doesn't know how old Aaron is! He be 16, not 15!)

Cams said...

Hi Amy- sorry about Aaron's age... I'll correct it! It's too bad you had to leave before the end, because the end was the best part (I think): it shows lots of different parts, and the stage turned around a bunch, which was kind of fun, and you got to see what happened in the end.

You are almost right about K. Now he refers to himself at Prince Charming and to Lindsay as Sleeping Beauty...

Love, Cami