Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'll order a Translation Times Two Please


On this trip we are leaving Barcelona for good. I admit I'll miss it a bit, but still I think I'll like it better in Paris. Right now we are going to Israel for two weeks before we get to Paris. We left really early and got to the airport at about 6:35 AM and barely made the plane. When we got to Zurich we had to run to get to the tram which made really weird mooing sounds by the way. We almost missed this plane too! The good thing about this plane is that it had TVs on it. That's what I love about Swissair. Any flight that is longer than one hour gives you personal TVs. We landed in Tel Aviv about 2:30PM. By the way all of the places that I am talking about here are in Israel. When we got to the airport we had a snack of Pringles (sour cream and onions) while we were waiting for my dad to get a phone chip. Then we got the rental car and drove to the hotel. My brother and I both slept in the car while my parents checked in.

I woke up on the ride to dinner which was with a bunch of my family that I hadn't met yet. When we got to the restaurant they gave me and my brother presents since it was the first time we had ever met. Mine was a Tech Deck skateboarding side bowl with metal ramps to grind on. I really liked it. We met my dad's cousin David and his wife, my cousin Yuval who is my age, and his parents Elie and Avital, who are also my dad's cousins, and mine. Yuval doesn't speak French or English, only Hebrew, so we had to talk using hands and sign language. We got along pretty well but I bet we both wanted a translator - especially him. He probably wanted two since I spoke some French and some English to him. Some of the adults spoke only Hebrew, some only English and some spoke both, plus French. You can imagine how confusing this was.

I got huge ribs to eat and I got a chocolate Marquis for dessert. When we left it was about 10:30 or 11:00 PM. When we got to the hotel I found out that for one of the only times on the trip I had my own room (attached to my parents'), and what's even better is that I had my own TV. That's pretty much all there is to say about that.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cami, I must tell you that when you don't update your blog my life becomes a meaningless string of nothingness. Doesn't that paint a wonderful picture?

I remember you telling me Swissair was your favorite airline since they give you personal TVs. And I'm certainly glad you made all your flights, because we all probably would've thrown a fit if we hadn't been able to see you!

I hope you're having a good time in Paris! Send me an e-mail to let me know what you're up to when you've got a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cameron,
man, i really want to see you. you're probably taller than me now. Anyway, keep updating your blog and keep us posted. email me (lpdude@comcast.net).

-leo
ps say hi to everyone for me

Cams said...

Hi Amy, and actually, it does paint a wonderful picture! All those dark grey and black colors, it sounds wonderful to me! Now I am going to make it up to you because I am going to write about everything that we did. Watch what you are wishing, because now you are going to have to read it all... Love, Cami

Cams said...

Hey Leo,
you know something? I'll bet you a KFC biscuit (you can see what we are not able to get around here...) that you are still taller. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it will have to be when I come back over for Camp Kee Tov in the summer. Anyway, thanks for posting a comment, and I really like your e-mail address, I think the first part of it is funny! It is really nice to hear from you and I miss you a lot. Say hi to everybody for me!