Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pension Tension


We stopped in Avila very late for a late lunch, around 6:00pm. We just walked around for a while. It was freezing cold! Then we walked into a nice square. My mom got some gloves and we found a pharmacy to get some medicine for me. After that we ordered some food and things to go at a restaurant. Then we took a bunch of pictures of the city walls and left. The city walls looked like exactly what you would imagine of what you see in a Hollywood movie if they ever show knights, and they are completely together!

We drove on to Salamanca. We got to Salamanca really late, after 9:30pm. Our hotel was on the Plaza mayor, but it was really bad. By some mistake our room had no bathroom, it was really cramped with five beds in it and one bed wasn't even a bed it was a mini mattress that only a baby could sleep on. Then when we told then that we couldn't have no bathroom because my brother and I were sick they moved us into a slightly better room that had a small bathroom and five good sized beds. This room also had a really good view of the Plaza Mayor. It's supposed to be the best Plaza in Spain but I thought it was lousy.

In the morning we went out and took a really long walk. We went into a really old convent. It had a really good view of the city. It also had a small little section that was basically just tunnels in part of the roof, but I thought that it was pretty cool. Another thing was that it had a room that had very old toys. Then we walked around more. There was a big tower that was leaning over that I was scared to walk under because it looked like it might fall over. I just thought that you should know that. We walked into a church that was pretty boring. Then we went back to our hotel and got our things, we ate at a sort of buffet and then left. I was starting to feel better and I had no more fever!

Salamanca was supposed to be a really pretty city, but I thought it was actually very boring. I liked Madrid more. But my dad thought the opposite.

No comments: