Friday, December 7, 2007

Sick Sick Sick


We left our house very early in the morning for a 1-week visit to Old Castille and Madrid. We got to the airport at seven o'clock, went through security, and went straight to the gate. I slept for forty five minutes and woke up right when it started boarding. On the plane I didn't sleep at all. We landed in Madrid but we had to take the subway for an hour and fifteen minutes. Our hotel was right off of a big square. At the hotel I slept for two hours. While I was sleeping my dad got a huge packet of tissues because kept having times when my nose would start running really badly. In one day I used eight packets of tissues.

We had some sandwiches for a late lunch. Then I went to the museum of the Prado with my dad. I didn't really want to. After a while I started to feel sick so we went and got a coffee and I rested a bit. Then we went back into the museum. I felt sick a lot in the museum. My dad thought that I just wanted to leave and that I wasn't really sick. There were a lot of Spanish painters but because I was sick I don't remember much about it. After we left we went to "Ben and Jerry's" to get some ice cream. Then we went to a place that had montaditos for dinner. Then we went to bed. I woke up a lot during the night and we found out that I had an eye infection and fever.

We stayed home till 1:00pm to try to recover. Late in the morning we went to a xocolateria where we get melted chocolate and churros and we are supposed to dip the churros in the hot chocolate. We walked to a big square where you could see one side of the royal palace, called the Plaza del Oriente. In the middle of the plaza was a statue of queen Isabel II on a horse, and some pretty gardens all around the statue. My brother and I ran around them and nearly coughed our brains out. Then we walked alongside the palace, which was completely white and huge. I thought it was a pretty building. Then we went back home and stayed there for the rest of the day because we were sick.

The next day we woke up early to pick up my mom at the airport. Then we drove to Toledo. Our hotel was really nice. We stayed in the hotel and took a really long nap. Then we ate some sandwiches and stayed home until dinner time. I felt really sick so I stayed in. Then we went to bed. In the morning we went to a bar for breakfast. Afterwards everyone went out to visit while my dad took me to the hospital because I was still not getting better. At the hospital they figured out that the eye infection was gone, but I still had a fever due to a throat infection, and I had to take antibiotics and a nose spray again. What a pain! Then we left for a long road trip to Salamanca.

No comments: